Heritage Course Details
Course Designers: William B. Langford & Theodore J. Moreau (1926) & David Gill (1969)
Architect William B. Langford, designed the original nine holes at Marquette Golf Club in 1926. Born in 1887 in Austin, Illinois, he suffered from polio as a child and took up golf as part of a rehabilitation program. He was a member of three Yale University NCAA championship golf teams from 1906-1908 and became a golf course architect after gaining a Master's degree in Mining Engineering at Columbia University. He went on to design over 250 courses with his partner Theodore J. Moreau and became the first honorary member of the Golf Course Architectural Society of America.
The most well-known examples of their work include Lawsonia Links in Green Lake, WI, and Skokie Country Club in IL.